<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 23, 2003

I keep feeling that I'm old fashioned. I enjoy the Internet, and think it's a marvellous tool for resaerch, entertainment and spreading old jokes, but I'm not sure that I trust anything it contains. It is so easy to post on it, have things listed on search engines, and to have your site be easily found. This page (LibraryDude!) was listed on Google 2 days after it was created. 2 Days!! I've found links to this site on other library sites (Thanks for doing that guys! I appreciate it) , but this gives the impression that this page is important, and credible. It isn't. It contains my opinions, and my thoughts. Nobody checks anything I post, there is probably NO info on here that is worth two halves of a brass razoo, and this is typical of most of the Internet.

I realise that there are very credible sources on the net, databses and so on. But the typical student (usually High-School student) will never go to those first. In my experience Google or Yahoo! search engines are the first port of call.

God! I promised I'd be less critical last time didn't I? Maybe I'm getting old. That must be it. turning 28 is getting to me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?