<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I came across this book in my library today. Dealing With Difficult People In The Library by Mark Willis. Works like this are essential for those lucky ones who work in a library, especially a public library. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job, I enjoy providing the service I do, and I get incredible amounts of satisfaction seeing a customer walk away happy that they have what they came for. What I do not like at all, however are the “difficult” people, (or as one of my previous collegues called them, “The Lunar affected” because the number of incidents increased around full moons. (Maybe there’s a study in that)), who are obnoxious, greedy, impolite, demanding and self-centred among other traits.
Willis’ work will help me with this…

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?