<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Living New Library

A couple of notes regarding my last post about the Living Library program. According to the Enough Rope website, the Lismore Public Library in NSW launched its own Living Library Project yesterday. More details when they come to hand.

Also, the project was mentioned to one of our managers who thought it was a great idea, and one that would be successful in our own library service. The practicalities of getting it up and running, considering the current state of the service (which I will not go into at this time), are another matter.

On another topic. I spent an hour yesterday filling beanbags with beanbag beans. I love setting up the new library. And this one has heaps of space for our Young Adults (YA) section, which I see as a god thing. Too many times the YA sections in libraries are stuck in corners or wherever they fit, and often do not have the space they deserve. This one for our new city library (which opens December 8th) is much better! If I can sneak a camera there, I'll get some photos...

Just over a month to go.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?