<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 04, 2008

It dawned on me today that I have four blogs. (plus one livejournal)

FOUR!

Why do I need four blogs? Or, more to the point, why do I continue updating the ones that are not read? Like, surprise, surprise. this one!

I suppose I just kept this going after learning the basics of blogging on Blogger all those years ago. (http://y2dave.blogspot.com is the start of my online ramblings). But why do i not update? Well, the truth is, I actually do, but not on a "blog" per se, but on my Livejournal.

Now I know some of you will decry Livejournal, saying it's not good for blogs, its only about chatting with your mates, etc. well, yeah! That's the point. Livejournal is a social meeting point, Blogger, at least to me, is a cyber-soapbox.

Livejournal feels more social. The communities aspect of it is great, and the ease of looking at all your "friends" posts is an asset.

Of course, having said that, once I learn how to do funky and interesting things with Blogger, I'll probably come running back here. :)

Not making too much sense tonight. Having a drinky or two. See you next time when my mind will be full of Theory X and Y and Z (as I'm reading for my management of libraries unit at uni)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?