<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 28, 2008



Quick Recommendation for a good novel.

The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier.

I found a replacement copy of this yesterday for $2 at a Salvation army store. (My original copy has fallen apart from overuse)

This is one book that I would be pleased to see my kids read (later on, no way are they reading it now). In fact, I was always glad to see kids reading Cormier's books, and The Chocolate War and I Am The Cheese in particular. Maybe it's because I can't stand books being removed or censored from school libraries, and seeing kids read them is a great stand for their right to choose. (which incidently, is the sub-theme of The Chocolate War). If you haven't read it, I urge you to.

Also check out Cormier's other books, especially I Am The Cheese and Beyond The Chocolate War.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?